Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Good Ol' Isaiah

O people of Zion, who dwell in Jerusalem,
no more will you weep;
He will be gracious to you when you cry out,
as soon as he hears he will answer you.
The Lord will give you the bread you need
and the water for which you thirst.
No longer will your Teacher hide himself,
but with your own eyes you shall see your Teacher,
While from behind, a voice shall sound in your ear:
"This is the way; walk in it,"
when you would turn to the right or to the left.
-Isaiah 30:18-21
Thank you Dawn for reminding us about this passage! Love it. Waiting to hear the voice, though I'm pretty sure that as soon as the offer comes, if it comes [teaching] I will jump at it and just hope that the voice says ok! St. Joseph, pray for us.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

This passage, for me, is yet another beautiful facet of the covenant He fulfills with each of us daily. I am often easily swayed to think "I'm doing this by myself. I can't hear anything! I have no guidance!" But He really does direct us and guide our paths, even despite our spiritual deafness, so that we continue to walk closer to Him each moment. I just wish there was a Heavenly Hearing Aid programming store nearby ;)