Wednesday, February 01, 2006

2006 Turin Olympian

I just wanted to let you ladies know about a Catholic Olympian, Rebecca Dussault, 25, who is a cross country skier, wife and mother. Her story is posted in the Denver Catholic Register and there's more information about her life on her website which is phenomenal. Just to give you a taste of who she is, this is a quote from her, "I would be remiss if I didn't share with all of you my truest love of all, the Lord Jesus Christ and his Holy Catholic Church. My faith is the most important thing in my life. It is the only thing, which I cannot be parted from and is what gives me daily hope. He is the lover of my soul and my secret hiding place. I will be restless until I rest in Him." Also posted are her ambitions, of which a few are: "to live heroic virtue and become a Saint, have several more children and educate them at home and become an oblate of the Community of St. John." Beautiful!

So if you think about it, say a quick prayer through the intercession of Bl. Pier Giorgio Frassati for her and her family's safety and that God's will be done with this holy woman striving for sainthood. +JMJ+

1 comment:

+ Light + said...

HOly Inspiration!! Whatta rockstar!! Praise God for His Glorious Goodness! Can't wait to follow her in the Olympics!