Monday, December 15, 2008

Pandora email (who am I?)

To whom it may concern:

I have really been enjoying Pandora for the past few months; but lately I have noticed some advertisements on my page which are deeply disturbing to me. I understand the necessity of advertising on this service, but as you (I assume) tailor it to the customer, I assume that you could also make adjustments if necessary. Since I am a young woman, Pandora is currently running an ad about Plan B on my site. Please remove this advertisement from my page.

It must be, at least to some extent, your responsibility to know about your advertisers. I encourage you to look at the Plan B website. It is incredibly manipulative-- under "how plan B works" it says absolutely nothing about what it does to a woman's body, or a pregnancy-- which is precisely what a woman wants to know if she clicks on that link-- it only ambiguously "assures" women that Plan B is not an "abortion pill".

Having just finished a paper on contraception for a conference, I am precisely the last 26-year-old woman who wants to see this advertisement on a website that serves as a radio station.

No comments: