Monday, April 02, 2007

Happy (Future) Feast Day


Today marks the 2nd Anniversary of John Paul II's death.
I'm sure I speak for most of the wretches when I say that we miss you! But we are glad that you can know us now, in a way that you couldn't on earth.
Sr. Tulip actually got her name because we were laying in the grass while the tulips were blooming at the Franciscan Monastery, looking up at the clouds and praying, asking for you to pray for us and telling you silly things and laughing. A friend suggested the following for commemorating you, noting that you personified love, embraced life and upheld human dignity:
Rosary and Marian pilgrimages
Being understanding and compassionate, as well as a flexibility in dealing with imperfection
Appreciating the drama of real life
Generally smiling a lot, hopefulness
I think it would be great to read your plays as well. And sing, I bet you loved singing. And hiking. So many options!

1 comment:

Amy said...

OHH..I do miss him:-(